Are you buying or selling a property in the Lafayette, Alexandria, or Lake Charles area? Make an informed real estate decision. Once you contact Bayou State Inspections for your home inspection, we’ll schedule a convenient consultation date. Our inspectors work frequently with realtors, homeowners, potential buyers, and contractors.
Here’s what to expect from the Bayou team:
When you call 337-988-9020 to set up your on-site visit, we’ll ask for your name, contact information, address of the property, size or square footage, age, type of foundation, all electric or with natural gas, if occupied, and type of exterior cladding (Brick, Hardie Siding, Stucco etc).
We can send over over our contract with a copy of state inspection standards via email or you can view these documents on our website. This contract must be signed after having read the state home inspection standards prior to the inspection. Let us know if you’d like to sign it in person. We’ll bring it to the inspection site.
We’ll check for problems with the property’s stucco including to see if it was properly installed and if there is moisture damage. Our inspectors are nationally accredited and qualified to check for environmentally problems including asbestos, formaldehyde, and mold.
Our inspector will go over his or her findings at the conclusion of the inspection. We’ll answer any of your questions and email a report within 2 to 5 days.
Your home inspection report cannot be shared with other parties. Contact Lafayette, Louisiana’s reputable residential home inspection company for your on-site consultation.
At Bayou State Inspections, we adhere to a code of ethics, because we want to give you the best possible service. Check out our policy:
1. Inspectors cannot repair homes that they have previously inspected until after the closing of the sale.
2. Inspectors cannot inspect homes for compensation in which they have, or expect to have, a financial interest.
3. Inspectors cannot disclose any inspection investigation and/ or test results or a client’s personal information without approval from said client.
4. Inspector shall include his or her license number on all material and shall not disseminate or distribute false, deceptive or misleading information with respect to education, experience or qualifications.
Bayou State Inspections goes above and beyond the typical home inspection process. We follow state rules and regulations by inspecting areas including the:
We also take your inspection one step further, by:
• Digitally leveling the slab foundation
• Checking for gas leaks
• Checking for carbon monoxide leaks
• Using thermal imaging technology to check your electrical panel
• Gauge testing the HVAC unit for refrigerant levels
• Checking the AMP draw for the AC unit
• Checking the OMH compressor
• Using infrared imaging
• Sewer scoping
• Inspecting your chimney
• Blower door & duck blast for leaks in the building
Our home inspectors have the highest standards and certifications in each area of discipline including environmental, stucco, and thermal imaging. Bayou State Inpsections follows the standards and regulations set forth by:
• American Society of Home Inspectors
• American Council of Accredited Certifications (ACAC)
• State Standards
• Infrared Standards
With each and every inspection. Trust Lafayette’s responsible and ethical inspectors with the job. Call 337-988-9020 to inquire about home air quality testing and thermal imaging inspections.